Monday, May 11, 2009

Voice Mail and other nonsense

THE Dummy tried to call me 3 times on Friday. (I screen my calls when I work from home, to avoid conversations with people like her. It works well and keeps my Friday happy.) After each call, I proceed to email her back with any input she needs, guidance, answers, work I need to do for her that she'll pass off as her own, etc. Then it dawned on me - I don't ever need to speak to her again. I could take this social networking craze to a whole new level!

First, I need to share how one of her voice mails started:
"Hiyeee, it's THE Dummy. I'm just calling to call you about something." 

Wait - you are CALLING to CALL me about something? Well I am NOT ANSWERING to NOT ANSWER you, ya dummy.

Anyway, since social media is huge, I'm thinking that I can use it to my advantage to never have another verbal communication with her again. It will be great. I will utilize twitter, blogs, text messaging and even post a YouTube video or two if the topic long. I can use Facebook, MySpace and even plain old email to communicate. It will become a challenge... It's kind of like that game as a kid to not walk on any cracks or you break yo' mama's back, and in this case, walking on a crack is speaking to THE Dummy. Wow - this is going to be awesome! 


No comments:

Post a Comment